Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

When I was younger Ahyee, who has been my "babysitter" since I was two months old, used to sing this to me.  I can remember  her and my mom twirling me around and singing it over and over.  A good friend gave me a quote that I love:  "Recall as often as you wish; a happy memory never wears out."-Libby Fudim  It's amazing how big of a difference sunshine can make.  Yesterday in the Delta it was gloomy, cloudy, and pretty "blah" weather.  Today the sun is shining, birds are chirping, and there's not a cloud in the sky.  Every time there is a cloud-less day I think of my dad.  When I was 8 and we were in the Loire Valley in France I can so vividly remember looking up at the sky with him and him telling me just how much he loved days where the sky was so blue and beautiful, and there weren't any clouds to hide God's glory shining down.  I'm taking a shot in the dark and assuming that I'm not the only person who suffers from S.A.D., or Seasonal Affective Disorder.  You know, that terrible feeling you get when you go weeks and weeks without sunshine?  It usually comes up right after the excitement of the first snow in January or February.  You know, that day when you would give anything for a little Vitamin D.  Well, I've found an alternative that has been on my wish list for quite a while.  It's a "happy light" that provides artificial sunshine to lift up your mood!  (My birthday is March 24th) ;) Haha!


http://www.brookstone.com/happylight-6000-sunshine-supplement-light-system.html?his=2%7E46337%7E2%7Eroot_category%40kwd%7Esun+lamp&bkiid=searchResults|C4CategoryProdList1FDT|9373697

Brookstone may be onto something here.  Seriously though, how happier are people when it's sunny outside?  I'd pick 30 degrees and sunshine over 70 degrees and gloomy! How 'bout you?

"Got the sun shinin' on me like a big spotlight, so I know that everything's gonna be alright.. Ain't no tellin' where the wind might blow, free n easy down the road I go.."-Dierks Bentley "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"


Song of the day:  Soak Up the Sun-Sheryl Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment