Friday, November 18, 2011

"The Sun WILL Come Out Tomorrow...."


Tonight I took Memommy to see "Annie" at Playhouse on the Square.  It was a much needed pick me up for the both of us.  We had a quick but delicious dinner at Outback and as I was walking in I hurried to hold the door for a man who was pushing his wife in a wheelchair.  No big deal, just trying to be a good citizen, but the real person who gave the help was the man.  As I held the door he said "Your momma raised you right..."  He could have said anybody, but the fact that he said my momma just made my night.  And you know what?  He was right.  She did raise me right.

She also instilled a love for the arts in me.  I felt like a little kid again watching "Annie."  I could hear Mom just laughing and going on and on (and on) about how cute the little girl was, or how so and so stole the show.  Mom dragged me to countless plays growing up, and nine out of 10 times (okay 10 out of 10) I would roll my eyes and act like I wasn't in awe, even though Mom knew I was.  All my friends know how embarrassed I used to get when she would sing show-tunes... over and over (and over), whenever we were in the car (or the kitchen, or living room, etc.) :) and now when I catch myself hitting the top of the car, swinging my hair, while singing "All That Jazz" I can't help but smile from ear to ear.  "One way another we turn into our mother." I was flooded with happy memories, and that's what I have been needing.

Tonight I thanked God countless times for giving me such wonderful people in my life, especially Memommy.  We were never very close but over the past year we have been each other's savior.  I seriously have had the best women role models a girl could ask for.  Independent, strong-minded, eccentric women have taught me exactly how to live, and I thank God for that.

Despite the hell we all go through in our lives, it's always nice to know that the sun will come out tomorrow... "bet your bottom dollar that..." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment